Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wicked Supah-Mom



This is what I wore to volunteer in Eliza's class yesterday. In the hallway I saw her art teacher, Mr. O. He said "wow, you look so pretty!" Very sweet, and slightly awkward...just like me. LOL

I did reading groups with the second grade kiddos...they call it "supermom." SO. MUCH. FUN. Seriously, think I missed my calling as a teacher. When I started working with the kids I was using my phone voice (don't act like you don't have one). About a half hour into it, I relaxed and unleashed my Boston accent which never fails to make them laugh. They got kind of giddy and chatty...so I reeled them back in by saying "hey, guys...staht listenin' when I'm talkin to ya or else I'll tell ya teachah!!" Ha ha!!

2 comments:

Eleanor said...

Lol...you must blow those midwesterners away with your "wicked" accent!

Gorgeous colors in that dress!

Anne said...

Thanks! Yes, I was drawn to the colors...it's an anthropologie dress, but I got it at a goodwill so I'm not sure when it's from...

The group of teenagers I train guessed that my accent was European...LOL!!