Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day Pirates and my outfit of the day :)



My kitchen island swiftly turned into a pirate ship with two very different kinds of pirates on board. Gabe, seen wearing a nascar hat, Harley davidson scarf as his beard, and a blue sparkling scarf as his belt (to hold his binoculars when not in use) likes to hunt sharks and fight off bad guys. Eliza, wearing a fedora from H&M, a one-of-a-kind hand made macaroni tissue paper necklace, and a pink Hello Kitty scarf (from payless) spends her days making friends with mermaids where they can together search for sunken treasures.

There I am...ready for the teacher appreciation brunch. Boden cardigan, nicolette tank top (from nordstrom rack) and softest pants brand is Tailor Made (from anthropologie). My shoes come with a little story. Anne Klein from tjmaxx...got them on my way to a wake--long story short: very unexpected death while I was visiting home so I had limited "funeral appropriate" clothing. So...picked up these boots (as well as a pair of charcoal grey pants) on my way to the wake. Once I was there and standing in the long line to pay my respects, I remembered I had to kneel at the casket in front of everyone and the boots had that GIGANTIC obnoxious orange sticker on the sole reading 9 1/2!!! I felt like I was in a Seinfeld episode. So that is what I picked out to wear to the teacher luncheon. Except I didn't go to the luncheon. I had to take Ava to the doctor instead. Strep throat has claimed it's second victim in my house. Happy Friggin Friday!!!! ha ha!

No comments: